Thursday, September 16, 2010

David's Credentials

I Samuel 16:7 & 18 "For the LORD does not see as man sees; for man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart." "Look, I have seen a son of Jesse the BethlehemIte, who is skillful in playing, a mighty man of valor, a man of war, prudent in speech, and a handsome person; and the LORD is with him."

I love the story of David. We can learn so much. God did not choose a king according to outward appearance. I'm thinking how much wiser choices we would make if we were not so concerned about outward appearances. I love when the servant gave the credentials for someone to play music for Saul when the distressing spirit fell on him. David was a young shepherd boy, yet he was considered a man of valor, man of war and prudent. The icing on the cake is "and the Lord is with him." That is so important. The most important.

I am walking more and more. Confidence is building. Today I purchased a ticket to visit Haiti in October. The first since the quake. People have asked how I feel about that. My answer is "I don't know." Rachel will travel with me. Patrick will go before and meet us there.

Be blessed. God is Good!

No comments: