Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Rest

Today was a restful day. Quiet. Some cleaning...and yes, I ran the vacuum again. Much better this time. Of course the day was topped when Nate came to visit. What a joy he is!! Loves to "read". Today we read the story of Jonah.

I wonder if I would have told if I would had been the one who caused the storm. And even told them what to do...throw him overboard?! We know the end of the story, but Jonah didn't. I am sure Jonah thought he was on his way to death. But God wasn't done yet. Can we force God's Hand? I don't think so.

We need to pray in God's will, not ours. We need to be ready when God calls us to do His bidding. It may be a big mission, or it may simply be to give a cup of water to a thirsty soul. God doesn't look on His commands as big or little. If God says to do it, we must. May I add that giving a cup of water is a spiritual act. We don't often see it as such.

We just need to be aware of His calling and do it.

I pray you had a good day, even in suffering it can be good.

God bless you. God is Good.

No comments: