Thursday, October 27, 2011

Who Is He?

Mark 4:41 "And they feared exceedingly, and said to one another, “Who can this be, that even the wind and the sea obey Him!” 


I think I classify as one of Jesus' disciples. They walked with him every day, they saw the miracles, heard him teach, and yet in a moment of utter fear, they wondered who He was


God has done so much for me on a daily basis, yet in those stressful moments, I find myself worrying and wondering how things are going to be. So if I worry, I must not really comprehend who Jesus is, really. Why would I ever question who Jesus is?


God has proved Himself faithful to all the prophets, disciples, Abraham, Isaac, Moses, Daniel, Joseph...the list goes on. They all suffered immensely as they served him. Yet, He was always with them. He promises He will never leave us or forsake us. He is the same yesterday, today and forever.


Why question His ability to care for us? Why? Maybe it isn't only the problem with who He is, but also thinking I am more than I am. Oh now that may be where the root of the problem is..."let me just help you out a bit, God, I think I can handle it." Then things crumble into a pile of rubble, and we cry out to God to get us out of a mess once again. 


Forgive us, Lord, for not trusting you wholly!


God bless you



No comments: