Sunday, October 30, 2011

Mine Enemies

Though I walk in the midst of trouble, thou wilt revive me: thou shalt
stretch forth thine hand against the wrath of mine enemies, and thy
right hand shall save me. (Psalms 138:7)



Do you ever wake up, feeling empty and sad? No reasoning behind this. I could cry but have no reason for this either. Why the emptiness?


When I read this verse a few minutes ago, I realized this may be an attack from my greatest enemy, satan. He will use any tactic he can to keep me from joy. He will try to empty me from joy so that he has more room for discouragement.


God promises to revive me and save me in the midst of trouble. And trouble lies in the mind. I struggle this morning to keep my thoughts on that which is joyous. I've been thinking a lot of all the "noises" around us all the time. The age of technology has brought many voices into our lives, crowding out the still small voice of the spirit.


All the more reason to "bury" myself in God's Word.


I feel like I'm just mumbling along in this post, but that's the way my mind feels, a bunch of mumbles. So it is time to get off to church and hear the Word.


The joy of the Lord is my strength! 


May you have a wonderful Lord's day
God bless you

1 comment:

Pauline McNutt said...

Thank you, Barb. That is what I am struggling with. Under a cloud and no strength to lift it. The Word has been coming to mind in so many ways. We Love to hear loved ones say encouraging words to us. So we have THE WORD to encourage us. Thanks.