Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Compassion

Matthew 9: 36 "But when He saw the multitudes, He was moved with compassion for them, because they were weary and scattered, like sheep having no shepherd."


 I was reminded again of Jesus' love for all mankind. When he saw the crowd, going about as sheep without a shepherd he was filled with compassion. This is the picture of people without the Lord, and even sometimes Christians who are living as if there is no God. Sheep without a shepherd go astray. Jesus did not respond, "Well, if you don't believe what I tell you, then you deserve to go astray." No, He was moved with compassion.

The question is, "Am I also moved with compassion when I see people walking in despair without the Lord?"

Today I want to be compassionate to those who are without a shepherd. Today I want to see each opportunity that God places before me. Today is an opportunity.

Again, remember I will be traveling, so blogging will probably not be on a daily basis. Pray for God's glory to be magnified with every meeting I have, with every person God places before me.

God bless you

No comments: