Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Trauma or Treasure

I received another prosthesis today. It is so small, finally my "permanent one."  I have heard those words before and a few months later my leg is so small  and ready for another prosthesis. So I asked the doctor what we'll do if I shrink again, and his reply with a smile, "we'll do what we've always done, give you another one."

This is a treasure that was caused by a trauma. For you see, we cannot stay in the trauma mode. We move on. God never meant for us to stay on the rubble pile. It has been a long road to this point, but God has provided medical help all along the way. This is a treasure, and so is my new prosthesis.

I do have other treasures...enjoying Patrick again after has 3 week absence. We are having special chat moments before my take off tomorrow. Pray for my 12 days on the road...conference, speaking engagements, and visiting family.  I will blog as I have opportunity.

If you are in a trauma today, look for the treasure within.

Romans 8:28 "For all things work together for good, to those who love God and are called according to His purpose."

God bless you

No comments: