Friday, October 28, 2011

No One Knows

As I was reading Matthew 28 this morning, a verse "jumped" out at me. Verse 27, "no one knows the Son except the Father, Nor does anyone know the Father except the Son, and the one to whom the Son wills to reveal Him."

After reading the scriptures, repenting of our sins, and giving our life to God, we really still do not know the Father or Son. This will be the grandeur of heaven, to finally see Him face to face and not through a cloudy mirror.

Life is filled with noises. As wonderful as technology is, it is a noisy world—TV, cell phones, video games, iPads, and the list goes on. Even when it is all turned off, our minds continue to buzz. Is this a plan of the enemy to keep our minds filled with that which is not conducive to learning who God is, so that we will not really know Him. I'm just wondering...we have been desensitized..

Maybe this is why I get up as tired as when I went to bed...I'm not really resting. A day of rest is not really a day of rest anymore. There are things to do, places to go and people to see.

How I love the verse following, verse 28 "Come to Me, who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest..." Ahh, rest. The Father knows our weariness. To feel His arms around me, and give me rest. His yoke is easy...a friend of mine just mentioned this week that she thinks His yoke is forgiveness, compassion and unfailing love. Oh what rest. Lord, help me bask in your rest today.

God bless you




No comments: