Friday, September 23, 2011

Remember Me

As I was "house-cleaning" my computer I came across this writing that I had saved a long time ago. Reading it again, and remembered Sam, my brother-in-law who passed away 2 weeks ago. He was an organ donor. Because of his death, 63 people found life. He was a man of God --God first, his wife and family, and then others. He always had time for others in need. We will remember Sam. He will be missed. Even in his death, he was a blessing to others.

To Remember Me

Give my sight to the man who has never seen a sunrise, a baby’s face or love in the eyes of a woman.

Give my heart to a person whose own heart has caused nothing but endless days of pain.

Give my blood to a teenager who was pulled from the wreckage of his car, so that he might live to see his grandchildren play.

Give my kidneys to the one who depends on a machine to exist from week to week.

Give my bones, my every muscle, every fiber and nerve in my body and find a way to make a crippled child walk.

If you must bury something, let it be my faults, weaknesses, and prejudices against my fellowman.

Give my sins to the devil.

Give my soul to God.

If by chance, you wish to remember me, do it with a kind deed or word to someone who needs you.

If you do all I have asked, then I will live forever. (Robert N Test Gift of Hope)

No comments: