Wednesday, September 21, 2011

The Grass and me

I woke up this morning with some real concerns on my mind. Actually I went to bed with them on my mind. Just not sure how God is going to fix "this one." All I knew is that it needs to be fixed. But how?

Then I opened email, and I found this:

You may be making matters worse by adding imaginary worries about tomorrow to the weight of real concern to live by faith in a holy and wise way today!

If then God so clothes the grass, which today is in the field and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, how much more will He clothe you, O you of little faith? (Luke 12:28 NKJV)

If God takes care of the grass in the field, don’t you think he’ll take care of you?

Worry is a tormenting emotion that focuses on things that have not yet happened and may never happen. It robs us of time, energy, and even our health. It causes self-focus; even self-absorption. Jesus makes the opposite point. God cares enough about the grass of the field to clothe it with rich colors and flowers and at the end of the day it is thrown into the fire. How much more does he care for you; the very person he sent his son to die for? (R. Moore)

These thoughts were shared with me by Roy Coy. If God clothes the grass and the flowers, how is it that I think He wouldn't care for me. "Lord forgive my worries! When I'm tempted to worry, set my eyes on the grass to remind me how Great You are."

God bless you

No comments: