Monday, September 26, 2011

Peacefully Sleep

Psalm 4:8 "I will both lie down in peace, and sleep; For You alone, O LORD, make me dwell in safety."

I looked at Agape this evening and see a fatigue. He has not had a full night's sleep since Thursday night. We are so thankful Zion is on his way back to health. As I thought about how tired we all are, I remembered this verse.

I must admit Saturday night I did not lay down in peace. I was so concerned about Zion. I prayed, then "worried". That is not a good combination. I should have prayed and rested in peace. Oh how easy it is to forget that God doesn't slumber nor sleep. He keeps us in His safety.

Peaceful sleep. Sounds so good. But I also have found that sleepless nights are excellent talk times with the Lord. Talking to the Shepherd is so much better than counting sheep. Another "sleepless" exercise that I have used many times is praying for people through the alphabet. Start with names that start with the letter "A", and work your way through the alphabet, praying for each person. I have never gotten through the alphabet before I fell asleep.

So tonight if you are experiencing sleepless nights, talk to the Shepherd. He listens.

God bless you

No comments: