Sunday, September 18, 2011

His Peace

Isaiah 26:3 "You will keep him in perfect peace, Whose mind is stayed on You, Because he trusts in You."

Today my mind is a jumble. Trying to keep my mind on Him. Then "things" show up in my mind again. I feel like I'm being torn in a dozen in different directions. And yet, there is only One direction. The Lord is that direction. He is that peace. It seems to allude me, peace that is. I keep asking if I made some wrong decisions. The enemy is attacking.

I love this verse. I will have peace if my mind is cemented on Him. Precious peace. You know when my peace is gone? When I have my eyes on the situation and not on the God of the situation. Yes, that and praying. Praying fervently for every detail. Praying without ceasing.

Today's teaching was so good. We are starting the book of Nehemiah. The point that spoke loudly to me was the amount of time that Nehemiah spent in fasting and prayer before he took steps to go to Jerusalem to repair the city walls. That was his ambition. His heart. Yet he spent many days in prayer to know that he knows that God was leading him in this work.

Lord, help me to spend time with you in every turn of the road. My heart desires for You to use my ambitions for Your Glory.

God bless you.

No comments: