Thursday, September 8, 2011

My God is Sufficient

2 Corinthians 3:5 "Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think of anything as being from ourselves, but our sufficiency is from God."

For days now, I have wondered how all our our bills will be paid. Then I see the list of things "needed" and I wonder. Now I'm sure we are not the only ones in this situation. Someone may say, "The way God has brought you through everything, you wonder?" I bow my head in shame. I need not wonder the "how." God has always supplied our needs.

I see a pattern in my life. God seldom shows me the answers of prayers way ahead of time. He answers at the time of need. I can rest in His suffiency. But we all know, our enemy, Satan would have us worry and look on the problem. As long as we have our eyes on the problem, our eyes are not on the Lord.

This verse is a reminder that we are as infants. We cannot fend for ourselves. Without God, we are useless creatures. But God is our sufficiency in the good of life or bad. In the hard times or good. He is sufficient. He is good and faithful. He will take care of us.

But you may ask, "what about those times when I lose my home and my job?" He is still caring for us. He is molding us to be more like Him through these times.

Let's take Him at His word and know that He is our all sufficiency today. He is Good and He is faithful.

God bless you



No comments: