Saturday, September 10, 2011

HIs Peace

John 14:27 ""Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid."

The disciples were troubled with the news Jesus was telling them concerning Him leaving them. But He assured them that His peace will always be with them. They need not be afraid. It isn't the same peace as the world knows. This peace is a deep settled confidence that God can be trusted in all our life.

And that is where the comfort comes this week, since the passing of my brother in law. Even though, the experience is a shock. But deep within lies a peace. A peace that Sam is now in the presence of the Lord. A peace knowing that God will not leave us comfortless. He is here with us. He will walk with us through this valley of death.

It is physical death, but life eternal. We will miss Sam immensely. The ache in our hearts will need healing, time. But the peace is there. A deep settled peace. A sort of quiet peace. A peace the world cannot understand.

I may not be posting for the next several days. I will return if God wills. But will be traveling to Indiana for the funeral.

God bless you. Please pray for Edith and the children. Pray God's comforting wings to hold them up.

No comments: