Thursday, September 22, 2011

Leave Your Gift

Matthew 5:23-24 "Therefore if you bring your gift to the altar, and there remember that your brother has something against you, leave your gift there before the altar, and go your way. First be reconciled with our brother, and then come and offer your gift."

Leaving our gift at the altar may not make much sense to us, but it certainly did to the crowd that Jesus was talking to. They knew what it meant to bring a lamb for a sin offering to the temple. Today we do not go through the priest to offer our gifts for sins. We can now go directly to our Father through Jesus, our High Priest.

So what is this about, how do we relate to this teaching? For me personally, I believe if I come to worship the Lord and offer my praise to Him, but remember someone has something against me, I need to go to that person and try to make peace. I cannot force the other person to love me or forgive me. But I can do my part so God can work in their heart.

Obedience to God's word brings blessings and victory! Leave your gift and be a blessing to someone who doesn't love you.

No comments: