Friday, April 29, 2011

The Royal Wedding

Did you follow the royal wedding? I enjoyed watching the cultural part of British Royalty. Beautiful! So much planning, time, money went into this wedding. Truly a beautiful wedding. What amazed me most of all is the bride. She was not born into royalty. She was a middle class young lady. What made Prince William choose her? Why would he go below his status to choose his wife? I did notice that she had the mannerisms of royalty. If I hadn't known I would have thought she was born in a castle.

This is a perfect example of what Jesus did for us, the church! He went below His royalty and chose us. We weren't born into royalty. We were born in sin. Yet He chose us. He left His royalty to live among us. Can you imagine? But wait a minute, now Kate is acting and living as her Groom. What about us? Have we taken the life of our King? Do I act the part? Or are people just not sure who I am? I pray people see Jesus in us.

One day soon there will be another wedding. And a supper to boot!! The marriage supper of the Lamb. We will be served in royalty! Heaven. Eternity. Forever the presence of Jesus, our groom. William and Kate had a beautiful wedding, but the one in Heaven will far outweigh it!! There will be no comparison.

God bless you

No comments: