Friday, April 22, 2011

At the Foot of the Cross

What do I see? I see a multitude of people by the cross. Some were mocking Jesus. Some laughing to scorn. Others were crying. Others stunned. Soldiers were playing dice to see who would own the robe of Jesus.

Come closer to the cross. There I see a woman. I imagine her heart being torn in two to see her son hanging on the cross, innocent. She knew he was innocent. She remembered the things she pondered in her heart since he was a child. Next to her stood one disciple. Only one is mentioned— John. Only moments before His death, He committed his mother to John's care. The love of a son for his mother!

Now it is my time to come to the cross. To come close to have his blood flow to cleanse me from my sin. Oh the sin, and He took it all. He went to the cross for me, and you. The grace at that moment. The grace from the throne of God all the way to my heart. Oh thank you Jesus! Thank you isn't enough!

Make your way to the cross. Push through the crowd of mockers, of scorners. Push through the crowd of those who laugh you to scorn, who criticize you. Come to the cross. There you will find grace and forgiveness.

He is Worthy!! He is Majesty! He deserves our praise.

God bless you

No comments: