Friday, April 1, 2011

How long is forever?

It seems like a forever since I got out of bed this morning. The key word is "seems." A lot of things seem like something, but really aren't. The day has been very long. Round trip to Sarasota, meetings all day, and now I get to go to bed.

So I'm thinking how often I use the term always, forever, unending, etc. You know the vocabulary. To our spouse "You always forget to take out the trash. You always leave me with all the chores." Really? Always? Think about it. Always is never ending. I'm sure it seems never ending. Smile.

How about this phrase—"oh I haven't seen you in forever." Meeting a friend you haven't seen in a long time. Oh I know, we use it as a way of expression.

Just as I have no words to describe this long day, so it is with eternity. There are no words to describe it really. I can't even imagine it. Never ending, with no tears, no sorrow, no problems, no suffering, no death. NEVER.

God's forever is not based on time. Forever will just be forever, never ending. The best description I can think of is looking into the heavens, and see the stars and the heavens go on and on as far as the human eye can see, and then more. There is no end to the heavens. "The heavens declare the glory of God."

Have a wonderful weekend.
God bless you.


No comments: