Monday, April 4, 2011

President announced

The votes are finally counted and the result given for the next president in Haiti. Marteley will be our next president. So far it is peaceful, and we are praying it will stay that way. Our prayer is that God can use this man to make some changes in Haiti.

Waiting...for? Change? for a different reign? for a new government? Even in the States...I hear a lot of people saying what they don't want, but what do we really want? We don't want higher taxes, we don't want medical care reform, we don't want a lot of things.

Have I really prayed for the leaders? Really prayed for their spiritual condition? Have I? I have failed. My desires for a government shouldn't be just for my good, or what pleases me. It should be for God's Kingdom to be glorified. Are we so busy looking at the situation around us that we forget to look to the heavens for the second coming of Jesus.

Will He find us watching? Or will He find us complaining about our government and leaders?

God bless you. Oh and don't forget to pray for our president, praying in love.

No comments: