Monday, April 18, 2011

For What Purpose

John 12:27 “Now My soul is troubled, and what shall I say? ‘Father, save Me from this hour’?"

We are starting the week of Easter. What was the purpose? Oh that's easy we think. Yes, we do know the purpose of Easter. But would there have been an Easter if Jesus would not have obeyed His Father in the years prior to Easter? Of course not. Although Jesus heart was troubled, and he prayed to be saved from the hour of crucifixion. Yet, He prayed "Not my will but thine be done."

God has a purpose for each of us. Do we know that purpose? Do the troubles of our lives over-take the purpose God has for us?

Tonight my soul is troubled. I'm troubled because I let my thoughts and attitudes stray from the attitudes of Jesus. Philippians is filled with verses of being of one mind, of having a mind of humility, considering others more than myself, being filled with joy. Today I feel I have strayed from this.

I'm tired of not walking, I'm tired of being able to get out and about, I'm just tired. Yet, God. God knew this was going to happen from the beginning. My prayer is that I serve Him faithfully in whatever capacity He has called me to serve.

Forgive me, Lord. Let me approach resurrection Day with great joy.

God bless you each one.

No comments: