Thursday, April 21, 2011

John 17

This is one of my favorite chapters in the Bible. It reveals the heart of Jesus. Was this the prayer in Gethsemane? Who heard him pray? Peter, James, and John? Or just John?
A few of the statements: "The hour has come, I have finished my work, I have told them all things you have given me, I am no longer in the world"...These are all statements Jesus said in His prayer.

Jesus was speaking as if He had already left this world, yet he had the crucifixion to endure. In all this Jesus prayed that our joy would be fulfilled in Him. Shortly before his crucifixion, He said He had given His words to us, so that we would have His joy. Not feeling sorry for himself, not crying out for deliverance, but still remembering those in the world and that our joy would be fulfilled.

I would encourage you to read John 17 as a part of your Easter celebration. This is the Lord's prayer!! Jesus shares His heart with us.

Thank you , Jesus!! I'm so glad you prayed for me!

Easter Blessings
God bless you

No comments: