Friday, April 15, 2011

Rags to Redemption

Last night I was privileged to attend a fund raiser for a crisis pregnancy center. Six girls gave their story/testimony. All of their stories ended with being redeemed. From rejected, homeless, abused, violated, normal to Redemption! Beautiful testimonies.

All of us are examples of rags to redemption. Isaiah 64:6 states that "our righteousness is as filthy rags." So how is it that I think I am good or worthy? I am graciously redeemed. Of myself I am less than nothing. The challenge last night was "How can I make a difference?" I am retirement age, but is there retirement in kingdom work? For me, the correct answer is "No."

A note from a friend, "Our resources are limited. God's aren't. Our wisdom is limited. God's isn't. Our power is limited. God's isn't. What we offer, in the face of such great need, is small ... until it is brought to God through Jesus, and then it is multiplied, empowered, enhanced, broadened, increased, and sufficient. This is not just our hope; it is God's track record throughout His time with His people. Let's bring Him what we have now to do his work, and not wait until we think we have the plan, the power, and the resources to do what only He can do. Let's quit waiting and wandering and wondering and bring Him what we have." (P. Ware)

For me, this puts my nothingness in prospective. We don't look on our rags but on HIS Grace, His wisdom and power.

God bless you

No comments: