Tuesday, April 19, 2011

The Rooster Crowed

I have often thought of the rooster's crow the night Peter denied Jesus.

It is most annoying to hear roosters crowing at 1:00 am or 3:00 am. Don't tell me they don't crow in the middle of the night. Try Haiti. Haitian roosters crow all night, whenever the mood hits. After 29 years, it wouldn't wake me up, but if I wasn't asleep already...ahhh then it is most annoying.

But Peter...I have a feeling he wished the rooster had never crowed that solemn night. The rooster crowed, and Jesus turned and looked at Peter. The rooster would have been so convicting, but the "look" even more so.

What about me? Have I ever denied the Lord? Have I ever kept silent when I should have spoken for Him? Have you? Have you ever heard "the rooster crowing"? I have, but not a literal rooster for reminders. God pricks our/my heart when we stay silent instead of we speaking His Name.

Peter went out and wept bitterly. The was the first step in church work. Peter repented, God forgave, Jesus loved. God didn't give up on Peter. He doesn't give up on you. Or me. Peter was used in a mighty way to start the church. He has a plan for your life and mine. He is waiting for us to come to the end of ourselves. Like Peter.

Repentance, Redemption, Resurrection!! A work completed.

Have a good night
God bless you

1 comment:

Penny said...

I KNOW roosters crow at night, ALL night, answering each other!! It is most annoying...