Thursday, February 3, 2011

Praise in all things

It has been a difficult day. I was sure I would have my prosthesis and be walking tonight. Instead I am back on the walker for at least another week and maybe two. I have some damaged tissue around the end of the stump. It is swollen and has a red pressure spot. So I will have pain if I wear any prosthesis. The order is "to leave it off and let my leg heal"...Disappointing to say the least. This set back was not on my "to do" list. :)

So what is the bright side to this: I am not sick in bed, not in the hospital, I'm able to use my walker and I will have more strength in my arms. Some people wait for years to walk and never do. Many people in Haiti can't even get to a doctor.

It doesn't matter what I "feel" I need to glorify God in all things. I am sure He can use me on a chair. But the flesh is screaming out "NO"...Lord help me.

God is good. God bless you.


No comments: