Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Fill in the blank

Sunday morning the mission pastor opened the service with the verse
"For me to live is ___________, to die is ____________." We were asked to fill in the blanks. How many times have I read this verse and quoted it, "For me to live is Christ, to die is gain." But never stopped to wonder if I really believe this, and is it true of my life.

What would you write in the blank? For me to live is a better job, a family, a nice home, more money?? Or is it Christ? What is death to me? Is it gain? I wonder if this world is so good to me that heaven is a bit of a blur.

I'm still hopping around on one leg with my walker. I'm waiting for Feb 25, and believing that will truly be the day for a permanent prosthesis. It is much more difficult than it was when I was using my walker before. I feel like I am taking 10 steps back. I see so many things I want to do. Praying that our move, my prosthesis will all come together soon.

God bless you

No comments: