Sunday, February 27, 2011

Comforted by God

2 Corinthians 1:3-4 "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our tribulations, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort with which we ourselves have been comforted by God."

He does comfort me, but not that I can just enjoy it, but so that I can comfort others who are also in tribulations. Have you ever noticed how people with problems listen to you more if they know you have suffered the same? So we have been comforted by God but not just for our own comfort, but to pass it on.

When you are miserable, try comforting another and blessing them. You can always find someone who has more severe problems. I remember 5 years ago when I broke my hip, I was a bit whiny because I couldn't get around quite as well. Then I saw someone in a wheelchair with no legs. Thank you Lord for reminding me of my blessings. Of course now, I don't have both legs, but I still have one!!

God bless you

No comments: