Friday, February 18, 2011

Lift My Eyes

Psalm 121:1 "I will lift my eyes to the hills. From whence comes my help?"

I love the way David Jeremiah explained this verse. Lifting my eyes to the hills is like looking above my problems, my bend in the road. Where does my help come from? Not from the hills, but from the Lord. The Lord is the Lord of the situation. If I keep my eyes on my problems then the situation will cause worry and stress. Looking to the hills, mountains reminds me of God's majestic creation.

A couple of situations have risen this week which brought the ugly head of worry and distress. I started praying, asking God what He expects us to do. In a quiet nudging, I felt Him respond, "Have I not always cared for you? Are you not more than the lilies in the field? Are the cattle on a thousand hills sold out?"

Ahhh what a humiliation that in my unguarded moment, the enemy had thrown me into a worry mode. Praise the Lord it was but for a moment. God does take care of me!! He knows my needs more than I do.

Pray for a very special friend who is very ill. Pray for her husband as he cares for her. Pray for housing for us.
Rachel has started a new job. I have one more week before getting my prosthesis. Pray my leg has totally healed by then.

May God bless you.

No comments: