Thursday, August 4, 2011

Under His Wings

"How excellent is thy lovingkindness, O God! therefore the children of
men put their trust under the shadow of thy wings." Psalms 36:7

This is the verse I woke up to this morning. How fitting. The day that Tropical Storm Emily hits Haiti. Yes, Patrick is there, and many others. Patrick has a dry protected place to stay, there are thousands who are still living in tents. Praying that they will hide under the protected wings of God. But more than that, that they would trust in Jesus as their Savior.

There is another who needs the wings of God. My cousin is having surgery this morning. He has cancer in his sinuses, and is already spread toward the brain. My heart breaks for his wife, who is waiting while he is in surgery. Long day. I pray God will cover them with His wings.

Today is check-up day, both for my prosthesis and the surgeon. I am walking more and more every day without support of a cane or walker. Now I need to be more comfortable walking outside.

If you are experiencing stress or problems today, His wing span is big enough for you and me and the world all at one time. Hide under His wings! Be protected and loved.

God bless you

No comments: