Saturday, August 27, 2011

Smelling Good

Ephesians 5:1-2 "Therefore be imitators of God as dear children. And walk in love, as Christ also has loved us and given Himself for us, an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweet-smelling aroma."

We are now on the last day of this week. What has been accomplished? Did you find yourself wondering if the week will ever end? I know there are those times when it seems no matter how hard we work, it just isn't enough. But I also know that most of us can find ourselves in situations where God never intended us to be. It isn't that we are doing bad, we just are doing more than God intended.

God is all about people. God is all about drawing people to Himself. We are to be imitators of God. How much of my activities this week was all about drawing people to God? Did I use every opportunity to share the Gospel, to encourage, to exhort and to pray for others? Did I leave a sweet-smelling aroma? Did I smell good to others?

To be imitators of God, means to give of ourselves. To give up what "I deserve" which is a lie of the devil. We don't deserve anything, not even Jesus. But the Grace of God gave freely for me and you.

If you didn't smell so good this week, then today is a good time to start. Send out a sweet aroma for Jesus!!

God bless you


No comments: