Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Our Fears

The storm on the sea of Galilee was so scary for the disciples. Actually, the fear was so great they didn't recognize Jesus. Jesus was right there, He calmed the wind and the waves.

How big is your problem? Promise's problem today was humorous. Zion took her sponge letter "Y" and chewed it, then spit it on the table. A problem to little eyes.

The earthquake today was a problem for many people. Very scary. One remark that was made, showed me how far we have come in our fears. A man that was interviewed said, "At first I thought it was a bomb, but was much relieved when I realized it was an earthquake." People live in constant fear of terrorism.

What are your fears? Is there a way to conquer fears? Yes, Jesus is our conqueror. He takes us through the fears. Our eyes need to be on Jesus and not on our fears. To be honest, I don't know how I would do in another quake. I don't know how that would affect me. But one thing I do know, the God that took me through one quake will do it again if there is another quake. Maybe not in the same way, but His presence goes with me and you wherever He leads us.

So if you were in today's quake, I pray for you. I know what it is like. Jesus is our Rock. He doesn't move. Cling to Him. Hold on to Him and keep holding. But don't let go when the fears are past. Continue to hold to Him and hide under the shadow of His wing.

God bless you

No comments: