Monday, August 22, 2011

My Debt

Ugh!! Do I need to mention debts first thing in the morning? Yes, I guess I do. Seems we hear about the national debt on news, which is exorbitant. Then of course, maxed out credit cards, car payments, behind on rent. You name it, someone is in the middle of all this mess.

Recently a friend of ours was unable to rent a vehicle because he didn't own a credit card. He doesn't want any debt. His remark to the company was, "so you'd rather rent to someone who really can't afford to rent and is in debt." But of course credit cards are a way of finding the person renting the vehicle.

Then yesterday in church—the teaching in Romans 11 was challenging "A life that has truly been changed will live a changed life." Do we live changed? Do we follow the world standards?

The verse that was key to me "Let no debt remain outstanding, except the continuing debt to love one another, for whoever loves others has fulfilled the law." Romans 13:8. Since this is an outstanding debt, it tells me I can never love enough. There are always people to love.

So today let's love and love some more

God bless you.

No comments: