Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Traveling

Isaiah 50:7 ""For the Lord GOD will help Me; Therefore I will not be disgraced; Therefore I have set My face like a flint, And I know that I will not be ashamed."

Today our hearts have been with Billy and Debbie as they are traveling to Miami with their bus to send to Haiti. This bus is to be their home. They are not without problems along the way. They are still not in Miami, instead have stopped to fix a tire. This is the 2nd stop for bus problems. We continue to pray for their safety and encouragement.

When I read this verse, I thought of them. Yes, to set your face as flint to your goal. Not to be discouraged or ashamed. Ashamed? Isn't it easy to think we have made a wrong move or decision when things go badly. But we know that trials along the way are for our strengthening. To keep our face as flint to our finish line, not looking to and fro. Keep going. Keep pushing ahead. We will arrive at the finish line. And then we will hear a most glorious voice, "Well done, my good and faithful servant." I can't think of anything that would top that welcome!

Pray for Billy and Debbie.
God bless you.

No comments: