Tuesday, September 25, 2012

The God of All Comfort

I have been out of the "loop" for a week. I returned home from Indiana last night. The week was filled with sadness, joy, memories and many tears. These are all emotions that come with losing a loved one. But we all agreed that we are not in sorrow for Arlene, it is for us. Arlene is where she wants to be. She is in the presence of Jesus.

A very special moment was singing "I'm So Glad I'm a Part of the Family of God" at the grave site after burial was complete. This is a tradition with the Otto family—before parting from a family function we all join hands and sing this song. Beautiful. It was so beautiful to hear my mom's voice sing out that song. She may not have hit the notes correctly but it came from the bottom of heart. Smile.

God truly is the God of all comfort. Yes, He called Arlene to be with Him, but He did not leave us comfortless. He is faithful in all ways.

Continue to pray for Bill as he will have many lonely times. Pray for my mom as she adjusts to another home (my sister and husband will care for her for now).

Thank you for your prayers, words of comfort and love.

God bless you

No comments: