Tuesday, September 11, 2012

His Rest

"There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God. For he that is
entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God
[did] from his." (Hebrews 4:9-10)


When I opened my email this morning, I found this verse. I stopped in my tracks. The idea of a rest which is for the people of God. This comes after a number of stressful days, concern of my sister and her condition. She still has not moved her lips, as an effort to talk. She responds with her eyes. She understands, but not sure how much she remembers. 

True resting is the absence of worry. Now I know worry is not for the child of God. My thinking is, that perhaps God is working through Arlene to bring the presence of Jesus in her room, and to the hospital staff. They want to move her to a nursing home this week. I heard this morning, the one we were praying for, isn't available to Arlene. My first thought was, "so Lord is there someone in Merry Manor who needs to have Arlene there, so that they can see God at work." Isn't that why God puts His children in places? To be His witness? 

You may ask how that can happen when Arlene can't even talk yet? But God's spirit can speak volumes through attitude, visitors, facial expression.

I rest in the promises of God. He promised to take care of us. He promised that we are worth more than the lilies of the field. I do not need to depend on my works to "make it happen." I work to honor God, not to "earn" God.

Thanking God for His rest....

God bless you

No comments: