Monday, September 3, 2012

A Treasure Hunt

Sometimes when reading the scriptures, it's as if I am on a treasure hunt. So many little nuggets of truth that bless me, and just bring peace to my heart. There are also those little nuggets that challenge and convict me. And that is good as well. It is truly a blessing that we have the Word of God in our hands, and can know who God is and what He expects of us.

So tucked away in Isaiah 32:17 "The work of righteousness will be peace, and the effect of righteousness, quietness and assurance forever."

I needed this verse today. In Jesus, my Righteousness, is peace, quietness and assurance forever. I need not worry about anything. I can rest assured that God has all things in His Hand. He is in control. He knows the beginning from the end.

Now I know I have said all this before. So why repeat it? Because I need to hear it again and again. After all, satan continually says the same thing...anything to discourage us. So why not repeat God's promises over and over again. He is the Ultimate! He is the Ultimate! Nothing but Nothing can surpass the love of God and His promises.

May I encourage you to go on a treasure hunt in the Bible. Find a nugget of gold, nugget of wisdom for your today. We all have our challenges every day. The Bible is for us, our road map for life. Use it, believe it, hang on to it as if it is your lifeline! And guess what, It is just that a LIFELINE.

God bless you

No comments: