Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Groaning in Spirit


Romans 8:26 "In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express. "

And there is where I am...I don't know what to pray...I find myself groaning in my spirit. So many unanswered questions. Why Arlene? Why is she still unable to talk? But when I ask myself these questions, I know the answer is not to be yet, or else God would have revealed it to us.

The spirit helps me. The spirit lifts me to the arms of God, where there is peace. There is peace in knowing that the Spirit is making intercession for our cries, for Arlene's silence. The silence that echoes into our emotions. Her eyes that see, but maybe not able to understand what she is seeing.

My hope is that God is speaking into her spirit and the communion is sweet. God's Word is being read to Arlene every day, and many times a day. Prayers are offered.

Whatever would we do without the Lord? I don't want to know. I am so thankful for His presence, His peace, and His overflowing abundance of Grace in these times.

Update: Arlene has been transferred to a nursing home closer to home. They have full speech therapy/physical therapy there. This is much easier on Bill, as he only has a 15 minute drive to see her, but the hospital was 1 1/2 hours away. She is now closer in proximity to their church family and many of their friends. 

Continue prayers!
God bless you

No comments: