Friday, April 20, 2012

Roller Coaster Ride

Today I look around me, and then feel the same thing. I have been on a roller coaster, it stopped suddenly, and threw me onto a very slow moving train. The slow ride is an opportunity to look around and enjoy  the goodness of God. The slow pace is providing time for prayer. There is only one prayer on a roller coaster "HELP GOD!"

The roller coaster is a "me" experience. I remember the thrill, the speed, the screaming. But have little memory of others on the ride. It can be a good time (for those who like roller coasters, I'm not one of those people), but it isn't something we want to do all the time. It's a thrill for the moment. I have met people who do not like to get off the ride. If they do, they may need to face themselves. Come to terms with life as it really is. Have you ever talked to someone, but you feel they aren't hearing a word you are saying? They are too busy thinking of what they should be doing, etc? That's a roller coaster, no one listens to the other person. Everyone is screaming at the same time.

What do we do when God puts us on the slow track? Are we comfortable when the busyness slows down? I believe God slows us down to get our attention. For you see, when we are on the fast track, we don't have time to notice the beauty around us. There is no time to hear God's voice. Too busy. We take little time to listen to others. We are just so busy. Do you hear people saying this, "I am so busy, I just don't have time to...?" You fill in the blank.

Ok so I confess, I have only been on a roller coaster once, and I promised the Lord if He got me off of it alive, I will not get on another one. I have never gotten on another one, and I believe I was a teenager when I made that promise.

God bless you


No comments: