Monday, April 23, 2012

Magnetic Force

Hebrews 7:19 " (for the law made nothing perfect), and a better hope is introduced, by which we draw near to God." NIV


Our hope in God draws us to God. It is not man-made laws or ideas of what Christianity should be which draw us to God, but it is that hope God puts into our hearts.


It works like a magnet. A magnet has a force between two points. When we are lost, and have a compass, it shows us the direction we are going. Think about it...there is so much force in the earth that a magnet works. Both the north and south poles have strong magnetic pulls. Please don't ask me how this works. I don't even understand this magnetic theory that science has figured out. I'm really clueless.


To be honest, I do not know how the drawing between God and I really works. How does He do it? How is it that when I desire Him, He draws near to me. When someone dies, the soul leaves the body. Major magnetic force there! How? I haven't a clue. The Bible also says that at the return of Jesus, "we shall meet HIm in the air." This is a force we don't understand, or at least comprehend. Well, maybe you do. I can't imagine. The magnetic "force" will be a drawing like we've never experienced before.


But until then, let's draw near to God, He will draw near to us. Let's experience the magnetism.


Humor: When I was quite young, maybe 8 or 9 years old, and I first heard of us meeting Jesus "in the air" I remember thinking, "Oh my, I hope He doesn't drop me before we get all the way to Heaven."


God Bless You

No comments: