Friday, April 27, 2012

Remembering

Psalm 145:5 "I remember the days of old; I meditate on all thy works; I muse on the work of thy hands." 
David often tells of remembering days of old, or God's good deeds. When we do that it brings praise to our hearts. We remember the goodness of God.


The past 2 days were filled with remembering. My sister came to visit, I think she was here more for the children than me. When we were planning our time together, jokingly I said "we could just remember our single days." And the planning started. We decided we will not cook. We will eat popcorn and cereal. Yes, you read it correctly. Whenever we got hungry, we went to the fridge. NO planned meals or cooking. What fun. Cooking takes time. We had lots of time to talk, drink coffee, and just do nothing. Oh it was so fun.


Did we eat healthy? Probably not. But we did eat watermelon and cantaloupe. That's healthy. So a bit ago, I asked Mary, "How about tomato soup and a grilled cheese before you take off? Mary: "Are you kidding, I'm eating cereal. Why break the vacation now." Love it.


It was a good and special time.


God bless you

No comments: