Friday, May 21, 2010

"Why?"

When is it that you ask "why?"

That is what I asked last night. I was looking at the condition of Haiti and the hopelessness of that country, not to mention the miserable living conditions most people are suffering, and ask "why did God allow me to be in the US now?"

My prayer is that I will not waste my life here, but use it in every possible way to help those who are suffering so much. So I'm praying that God shows me the path to go and how to be most useful. To compare the US and Haiti, one the most wealthy and the other most impoverished. The most impoverished at the doorstep of the wealthy. For sure, Haiti wouldn't have gotten this far without the aid of the US and other generous countries.

"Don't waste your pain." A provoking thought. We may have suffered, but in comparison to most others in haiti, we had it easy. We don't want to waste our pain. We need to press on with the Gospel of Jesus.

See you tomorrow. God bless you.

No comments: