Thursday, May 20, 2010

Where did the day go?

Phone calls, child sponsorship paper work, more calls, more paper work, checking vehicles, shrinker sock on, shrinker sock off. Not to mention everything takes a lot longer when I hop on one leg. :))

How long does it take you to stand on one leg to make a sandwich? Remember, you are holding on to a walker, and you need several items from the fridge (only one item at a time), the knife for mayonnaise is in a drawer on the other side of the kitchen. So hop away. Return to the original spot of sandwich making. Now the sandwich is made, put all the items away again, one at a time. Then slide the sandwich along on the counter until you can reach the table on the other side of the counter.

Whew!! I'm sure you are tired just reading this...I understand. You have my sympathies. Smile. Just thought you'd like to experience this with me. Well, don't be discouraged, it won't always be this way. One day soon the walker won't be needed anymore.

T'was a good day, just the same. "Peggy I-lean" actually really enjoys the shrinker sock. I think she was quite tired of being packed and bandaged for so long, now feels a bit of love with the sock hugging her.

Isaiah 1:18 "Come let us reason together, says the Lord, though your sins are scarlet they shall be white as snow..." This promise came right after the Lord said he was tired of bearing all the religious feasts and sacrifices, the sin of Judah. How the Lord loves His own!! How many times has He turned His face from my sin, yet His arms are wide open to receive me when I call to Him.

God is the only One who can love as much as that. He has paid the price. Jesus has suffered that price and now knows us like no other. He has been there, has been tempted in every way, and yet did not sin. He stayed close to the Father, He set his face as flint on his goal. He knew His calling. Do you know yours?

Have a great night and tomorrow we will make another sandwich!! :))



1 comment:

Chris said...

I'm thinking of how many sandwiches I would have dropped in my impatience. Just wanted to share: I work with several Haitian people @ a nursing & rehab facility and shared your story with them after the quake. It created some common ground as many of them had people they were grieving for and with. Your story appearing in Calvary Chapel magazine enabled me to bring it in and share photos to go with your names with the Haitians at work. Many people went on to read more of the magazine and of course, hear of the love of Jesus, something I do not have time to go around and share with co-workers individually most nights. Other nurses were interested in the article because of the amputation aspect. Only God knows the end result, but that magazine was sure passed around! Praying for those who don't know Jesus, have lost family members, or are in bondage to cult religions. Isn't it beautiful how God is always working? Thank you for continuing to make yourselves available for His use.