Wednesday, May 5, 2010

So many hurts

Received a note that a young gal in Haiti had an amputation, but now is very depressed and suicidal. She sees no need for living. Pray for her. I am sure there are many others in Haiti that have a lot of depression.

Rachel and I traveled to Sarasota today. We wait for Saturday, our men are coming home. Agape has not been well while he was in haiti. Pray for him. We are anxious to hear the stories of their trip.

Sometimes I remember how much easier it was when I walked on 2 legs. How simple life was without phantom pain. Is this an example of "good ole days"? But "hopping" around is teaching me so much. It is so much easier to give than to receive. Seems I'm always needing help with something. But when I look back, a month ago, I wasn't able to make my own protein drink or toast..and now I can do it. I can wash dishes and...I can put my make-up on standing on 1 foot!! So a lot of blessings and lots of changes.

I am promised that the sufferings now are no comparison to the glories of eternity. I am hoping for wings!!

So look forward and not to that which is behind.
God will never give us more than we are able to withstand. He will keep His promises! Trust Him, believe Him!
God bless you

No comments: