Monday, March 15, 2010

Where is my heart?

Matt. 6:19&20 "Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal; but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither doth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal."

I've been thinking about these verses for several days now. Where is my heart really? What consumes me? What are the treasures we can invest into heaven? The people we share the Gospel with are definite treasures. Share the Gospel with the people you meet. Even if they don't accept it then, we never know when that seed will take root and sprout.

People can steal our things (which they did), people can loot our quake house (which they did), but people can never steal Jesus from our hearts. That is a treasure no one can steal without our permission (then it isn't stealing anymore).

I remember many years ago, I shared the gospel with a co-worker. She didn't give her heart to Jesus then. But one day her backslidden husband was key to her giving her life to the Lord. Until today she is serving Jesus. She later told me she thought I was a bit "crazy" in what I believed but later she knew hadn't she heard the Gospel then, she may not have accepted the Lord when she did.

Share the Gospel. God does the rest. Pray for others. Lay up treasures in heaven.

Pray as Agape and Patrick finish today with final packing and errands. Tomorrow afternoon they drive to Sarasota to be closer to Tampa airport for take-off Wednesday.

Pray for safety and good health.

Have a Jesus filled day!!

No comments: