Monday, March 29, 2010

Walking on mountains

Habakkuk 3:17-19 "Even if the fig tree does not bloom and the vines have no grapes, even if the olive tree fails to produce and the fields yield no food, even if the sheep pen is empty and the stalls have no cattle--even then, I will be happy with the LORD. I will truly find joy in God, who saves me. The LORD Almighty is my strength. He makes my feet like those of a deer. He makes me walk on the mountains.."

I love these verses. Even when all else fails, yet I will be happy with the Lord. True joy comes from within, not without. When I am angry at the situation I am looking at the situation, not the God of the situation. Patrick read verses 17-18 Saturday evening at church. When we came home, he read verse 19 to me.

My feet like those of a deer? Me? walk on mountains? Well that seems a bit far-fetched at the moment. Right now my outings are measured by the distance I would need to walk, is there handicap facilities, etc. Some of the "treks" out seem to turn into "mountains". But not to worry, the walk will come, the mountains will be fun to climb. There is not a hike up the mountain without a valley. The valley I will tread...The Lord is my strength and joy.

Thank you to everyone who made the concert a success and for those who attended. The musicians and band were excellent. We give God the glory and praise. The worship was so beautiful.

Continue to pray for total healing for Barb's incision.
Pray for Patrick as he begins the process for prosthesis this week.
Pray for Rachel and Pat while they are "separated" while Rachel is helping us.

Have a wonderful evening and night.

No comments: