Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Finally

I started with this blog this morning. Only got as far as opening the program. Does this happen to others? Even with less than full activity, it was a busy day. Rachel came and helped organize our room, did our laundry, had lunch. I would love to do the cleaning...but that will come.

In cleaning our room, Rachel found flower stickers and decided to decorate mom's walker. :)) Looked quite ridiculous, she had fun doing it. When Nate woke from his nap he had great pleasure in removing the stickers. So even a walker can bring laughter.

We are working on exercises to relieve the phantom pain. Hopefully we will see the results soon.
Tonight off to church. Tomorrow back to the orthotic doctor. They will be taking measurements and fitting for Patrick's prosthesis.

Romans 9:21 "Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why didst thou make me thus?"

This verse was the discussion at the breakfast table this morning. God does have a right to us. We cannot say to Him "what are you doing to me". Great discussion, great learning.

Pray for Patrick as he is measured for prosthesis tomorrow. Pray for Barb that her incision will heal quickly and totally.

We pray for you daily.

1 comment:

Sue Berger said...

Hi Barb & Patrick, I am still thinking about you and praying for you. And yes, I often have the same problem of busyness and time confounding my day. I try to remember that I have enough time to get done what God wants, but I think that I try to throw too many other things into the equation. Separating out what is the priority is sometimes tricky for me. It is nice to be able to read how things are going for you, and to be able to pray specifically. Love you both. sue