Tuesday, March 23, 2010

It Came to Pass

The phrase "it came to pass" is used frequently in the Gospels. Today I am so glad for that phrase, "it came to pass" and not to stay. It was good news at the doctor's. He cleaned the infected area, and is encouraged that I will heal very nicely. Quite a bit of pain this afternoon, but this too shall pass.

It was interesting that Dr. Walter, who had been on a medical mission team to help us, went to Haiti almost a week after the quake. He said he just couldn't stay when he knew he was needed desperately. So many people have given of their resources, time and money to help Haiti. We are constantly praising God for networking so many people in this dire situation.

I spoke with Patrick today. He was on his way to Port au Prince. He and Agape are both doing well. I can't wait to hear the stories. Rachel and I plan to leave for Sarasota after I see the doctor again tomorrow afternoon.

Pray for safe travel returns for them. Pray for healing for me. Also that the antibiotics I am on now will not affect my appetite.

Pray for the upcoming concert. We want God to be glorified at the concert. We hope to see many of you there.

We pray for you and know we can never repay you for what you have shared with us. We will pass the blessing to others!

God delights in you!

1 comment:

Connie & Gary said...

Dear Barb & Patrick & Family,
God is With YOU! He Knows All. He is providing for you and those you love. You will see the goodness of God. You are close to His Heart. Hope the concert goes well.
We keep praying and rejoicing!
Connie & Gary Butler & June