Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Run, walk

He giveth power to the faint; and to [them that have] no might he increaseth strength. Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall: But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew [their] strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; [and] they shall walk, and not faint. (Isaiah 40:29-31)

When I read this verse this morning I was thinking how wonderful that will be to "run" (that is a bit more than I can imagine) and not be weary or to walk and not faint. I am ready to walk and not have pain. Hopefully Thursday will be a start in that direction. With my new prosthesis I am hoping to have more energy, to walk with less pain.

But the waiting in this verse is what is crucial to me. To wait and know that God will renew my strength. I may not have much strength right now. I may be weary. But in time God will renew my strength, and that may be in eternity. That is fine.

This world's sufferings are nothing compared to the glory that we will enjoy when we are in eternity with our wonderful Lord.

Have a great day!!
God bless you

No comments: