Sunday, January 2, 2011

The Heart of Jesus

John 14:20 "I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you." Later in John Jesus says he can do nothing unless His Father tells him. Jesus was the express image of his Father.

We are to be the express image of Jesus. What do people really see in me? Is Jesus who they see?

The first characteristic of Jesus is love. I challenge you to read 1 Corinthians 13. Every time I read that chapter, I am challenged to learn love all over again. Many years ago I was teaching this love to a group of girls in Haiti. They weren't sure if this kind of love was even possible.

One day at a time, we can learn to love. Kindness, forgiveness, patience are more characteristics of Jesus. Let's make this year a time of drawing close to Him and learn to be the image of Jesus no matter where we are. Let's be the light wherever we are.

God bless you




No comments: