Wednesday, January 5, 2011

My appointment

That's an interesting word. We all will have an appointment with God. He won't cancel. He will call me when it is my time.

Not so today. I was so excited for tomorrow. I had my appointment to go get my prosthesis. But my appointment was cancelled. It is ready. Then I remembered that God is in control. God knew about this cancellation the day I made the appointment. So I wait. Maybe my leg was not quite ready for my new prosthesis.

Which brings the next thought, "Are we ready for our appointment with God?" We do not want to be unprepared. By His grace we can stand before Him. Not in ourselves, but by His grace alone.

Patrick is doing well in Haiti. Talked to him today. The team that arrived there today will be installing water filters in the village, hopefully to help prevent cholera from spreading. What a blessing.

Oh house hunting went well. We did not make a final decision yet. But 2 houses are possibilities.

God bless you

No comments: