Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Today He Is...

I am back home. Great weekend in NC. It was a privilege to meet missionaries serving in Fiji. I love meeting missionaries serving around the world and hearing of their experiences. Also met a couple who will soon be going to Chile. But who will be missionaries to America? There are many who are reaching out into their neighborhood, but I believe more of us should be doing the work.

While in NC, I was privileged to visit a beautiful lady who is now in an assisted living facility. She will be 92 years old in December. After the quake, she sent Patrick and I a "thinking of you" card every week for many months. What a ministry and blessing!

This morning I need all of Jesus—Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God (strength), Everlasting Father, and Prince of Peace. For you see, I have so many things that need to be done and in these moments it is easy to get distracted on the urgent. It is easy to get frustrated and tired. But God is able to take me through the mounds of paperwork, laundry, etc.

Then I open my Bible and read Psalm 33..."Rejoice in the Lord, O you righteous. For praise from the upright is beautiful." This is a Psalm of praise, and it ends with "Our soul waits for the Lord; He is our help and our shield. For our heart shall rejoice in Him, Because we have trusted in His holy name. Let your mercy, O Lord, be upon us. Just as we hope in You."

Today go in the name of the Lord. He is our Hope...

God bless you

No comments: