Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Cleaning Bathrooms

Psalm 119:71-73 "It is good for me that I have been afflicted, that I may learn Your statutes. The law of your mouth is better to me than a thousands of coins of gold and silver....." 73b "Give me understanding that I may learn Your commandments."

Precious verses, reminders of God's goodness to me. He sees afflictions that are good for me. But the end of those verses touch my heart...I need understanding to see afflictions God's way. But they hurt, they are uncomfortable. That they are, but God calls afflictions good.

Is cleaning bathrooms considered an affliction? Probably not, but may come close. But if I suffer for a moment while cleaning them, the reward is great...CLEAN and smells good. The only problem is, it doesn't last so long. But the effort is worth it.

I wonder if God sees me a bit like cleaning a bathroom...lots of work, lots of scrubbing, looks and smells better for the moment. Where does the bathroom get the dirtiest? Behind the stool where no one can see it. So much dirt collects there. That's a bit like our life. We try to hide things, hoping no one will notice, but God sees it anyway. We may as well allow Him to work on the hidden things, we will feel cleaner.

I am an unfinished project that God keeps working on daily. He is amazingly patient and kind. He is good, even in His corrections.

One day, I will be complete in Him. Then no more cleaning...as the kids say, "I'll be sparkly clean."

God bless you



No comments: